What not to wear on a hen night

A fancy dress hen night has ended in disaster after one of the attendess toilet roll wedding dress caught fire.


The party, who were celebrating at the Portman pub London on Sunday, made fake wedding dresses out of toilet roll but a 44 year old reveller got too close to tea light and the dress caught fire.


The woman, who was not the bride to be, was burnt on the chest and hands and two other members of the group suffered from smoke inhalation.


The fire was brought under control by a member of staff at the pub after it spread to surrounding furniture, but the accident was still attended by three fire crews and fifteen firemen to make sure the area was safe.


Fancy dress can be a great hen party idea but please always choose carefully, it can lead to you not getting let in to pubs and clubs and in this case can be very dangerous.

email newsletter sign up

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.